Reconnecting with a friend from Barcelona

I'm not sure I've looked forward to a Tuesday evening more than I did last night. Early Monday, I got a text from someone I haven't talked to since my semester in Barcelona. Travis and I had one class together on our semester in Barcelona but we never to close. He's now on a month trip by himself traveling across Europe, hitting the stops he didn't get to last time. He arrived in Florence late Monday evening and is staying until Thursday (tomorrow). I suggested we get dinner and he excitedly accepted!
Before going to dinner last night, he asked if a friend of his who also happened to be in Florence could come see my apartment. Confused but fine with it, I said yes. They arrive at my apartment and he explains that his friend Jaden studied abroad a year ago in Florence with AIFS and lived in my apartment, in the same room I'm living in. Jaden came in a looked for the notes he and his roommates had left for the next students who'd be living there. They weren't there but he was glad to come look at the apartment one more time. He said it is a lot cleaner than he and his roommates ever had it when they lived there. What a crazy coincidence that Jaden stayed in the same apartment and room that I am now.
We parted ways and I took Travis to a place by my house that I just love right by Santa Spirito. We had a truly Italian meal from the pasta and wine to siting there for 3 hours catching up. With our food and wine finished awhile ago, we headed down the Arno to get some gelato. We got our gelato to go and walked back down the Arno chatting and laughing all the way back to my apartment. He's staying a 30 second walk from my apartment. We said our goodbyes and made lunch plans for the next day(today). 
After my business classes this morning, Travis and I went to Pinos (the best sandwich joint ever!) for lunch. We finished our sandwiches and I took him to Cled's studio. Cled is a Florentine graffiti artist who modifies street signs. He's done it all over Europe but mainly in Florence. Travis enjoyed it just as much as I'd hoped he would. We bought quite a few of the stickers Cled has created. We walked back to my apartment through the tiny side streets before again parting ways. He leaves tomorrow for Munich. Today is not a goodbye but a see ya later. 
It was so great to catch up with Travis and reminisce about our fantastic time in Barcelona. I'm sitting in my room waiting for Erinn to be ready so we can leave for the opera!

No comments

Back to Top