One stop down, one to go!

I've made it safe and sound to foggy, cold Toronto, Canada!
Early this morning when we pulled up to the curb at San Francisco International Airport and I couldn't help but cry a little. Having to leave my friends and family behind to go on this amazing journey is tough but the journey will be worth it.
Once I checked my bag and went through security, I met up with Derek, someone I met at orientation who thankfully has the same flights as I do. It is comforting going through this with someone else who is doing this all for the first time too. We easily found our gate and talked for the 2 hour time span we had till our flight began boarding.
I got a window seat! I love getting to look out the window at the places we fly over. Spotting pools is always a fun game.
My seat was fairly comfortable and with my inflatable pillow I was able to sleep for about an hour. I couldn't fall back asleep so I decided to watch some movies. Hopefully on my next flight, which is almost 8 hours, I can get some more sleep.A perk about flying Air Canada is that they have a great movie selection! Tons of new releases, old classics, I love it.
With 4 hours remaining on my flight I watched 2 movies. The first was "The Theory Of Everything" a movie about Stephen Hawking and his relationship with his wife Jane. I enjoyed this movie very much. James March brought such depth and beauty to Stephen and Jane life/love story. Eddie Redmayne was phenomenal as Stephen Hawking in this film.
I had to get my Marvel fix somehow so the other movie I watched was "Avengers: Age of Ultron". I like this one better than the first Avengers movie because the humor in this one is so much better. Tony Stark never lets you down with his snarky remarks.
While watching my second movie, I opened a card from my mom and a letter from one of my best friends Katie. (If you're reading this Katie and/or Mom, hi!!) Each card made me smile and reminded me that even though I'll be away for a few months everything is going to be all right.

2 comments

  1. I hope you liked the letter and Captain America button! I miss you already!! ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top