I ate stomach by accident

You read the title correct. I did indeed eat stomach. I unknowingly ordered it tonight at dinner with Erinn. In Italian 'Trippo' is cow stomach, a dish Florence is famous for. I was looking over the menu and saw 'Trippa'. I hadn't eaten whatever Trippa was before and wanting to try something new, I ordered it. 
My last Italian Language class had been on food and I remember our teacher joking with us about Trippo and to not order it unless we were feeling daring. We all asked about the spelling and if there were any other words for it as to avoid it at all costs. She said that Trippo was the only way she's ever heard it both spoken and spelt. 
When my dinner arrived, I stared at the plate for a while realizing what I'd ordered. I don't really know how to describe how I was feeling in that moment. I wasn't happy but I wasn't annoyed. I have been thinking about trying it but it wasn't in the plan for tonight to try it. Since I ordered it, I sucked it up and ate. It wasn't my favorite dish I've had in Italian so far but it wasn't terrible. I'm not sure I would order it again. Erinn was horrified I was eaten stomach but I learned two things tonight. 1, Trippa is another way to say cow stomach and 2, I don't really like cow stomach.

No comments

Back to Top