Exploring the Sights

Tomorrow is the first day of class for the semester. Thankfully today we had a tour of our school, which I really like. It has some great places to study and relax when not in class. My commute to school is only about 17 minutes by metro and 35 minutes if I walk. When I have my 8:30 class on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I'll take the metro but I might walk on Mondays and Wednesdays.Those days my first class is not until 10:45. I only have to get on L5 to get to my school by the metro. I don't have to switch lines. The closest L5 entrance is a few minute walk from my apartment.
After the school tour, all 96 of us students got on buses for a small guided tour of the highlights of Barcelona. Our first stop was Estadio Olímpico de Montjuïc, the Olympic Stadium in Barcelona. The 1992 Olympics were held here. It was not as big as I thought it would be. Maybe it seems bigger when all the seats are filled.
Next we went to the Montjuic lookout point. If you take the path all the way to the top, I believe you can see the entire city. We didn't have time to go to the top. From our lookout point we could see the part of the city closest to the water. The lookout point had a fountain and a large grassy area. It would be a good place to go back and study for the day. Below is a photo of one of Anavi and I by the fountain. She is one my three awesome roommates. We share a room.
We stayed on the bus for about 30 minutes on our way to La Sagrada Familia. What a beautiful building it is! The pictures do not do it justice. You can see how long it has taken to build it thus far because each part is slightly different in color. We didn't go inside but will either go in on our own time or with a guided group tour in November.
The last part of our tour was a drive along the streets by Casa de Gaudi and Las Ramblas. There we got off the bus and went off on our own.
Krista, Jennifer, Anavi, Daniel, and I went to La Boqueria to grab something to eat. I wasn't to hungry so I only got a coconut juice. It was delcious! In La Boqueria, there are at least 5 stands that sell relatively the same juice for between 1 and 1.20 euros. I've had two so far, Mango Pineapple yesterday and Coconut today. I'm going to have to resist stopping by to get one everyday. They are just so good!

No comments

Back to Top