What did someone on one side of the lake say to the other?

Como over

That was just one of many Como puns/jokes I came up with today.
Erinn and I arrived in Lecco at 9:30. Our stop was Varenna but I thought Lecco was Varenna so I had is get off the train. Once we got off, I realized my mistake. We bought tickets for the next train which came in an hour so we explore Lecco a little and used the restroom before getting on our train to Varenna. We got off at the right stop this time and walked down the the ferry dock. Varenna is absolutely beautiful. All of Lake Como and it's surrounding towns are. We caught the next ferry from Varenna to Bellagio.

We couldn't have asked for better weather. It was sunny with a nice cool breeze all day long. The ferry was a short 15 minute ride. We got off the ferry and began looking for a place to have lunch. To avoid the really tourist restaurants we walked into town. With a little wandering we found a cute terrace restaurant. I had seafood pasta which was absolutely delicious. Everything was cooked perfectly.
With no plan for after lunch, we just continued to wandered. We came across an architecture firm that was housed in one of the coolest houses I've ever seen. It was Victorian styled with a modern twist and had lots of beautiful plants and vines growing outside. Around the corner we found a park and you bet I played on the playground! I enjoyed the seesaw probably too much for someone who's twenty. 
We made our way back down to the water and found a bench to sit by the lake. We sat and talked for a while before making our way down to the botanical gardens which is right along the lake. We explored and goofed off in there, taking silly pictures and pretending we were hobbits, before walking back to the ferry dock. 
We took a ferry back to Varenna to have dinner at a restaurant along the lake. We arrived a little less than an hour before the dinner serve started so we had drinks and watch the sunset. I had the best food I've had in Italian at this place. I had pumpkin gnocchi and it was beyond amazing. I would go back just for the gnocchi.
We finished our dinner just in time to walk to the train station to catch our train back to Milan. Exhausted, we arrive in Milan an hour later than expected as our train was late and then held up. Now we're back at Pietro's apartment curled up in bed.

No comments

Back to Top