I've arrived in Ireland!

Late yesterday afternoon, Erinn and I made our way to the train station in Florence to get our train to Rome. We arrived 45 minutes before our train was scheduled to leave so we people-watched and goofed around with the Snapchat filters until our platform number was announced. We had a whole row to ourselves and took turns sleeping so our stuff was always being watched.
We arrived in Rome just minutes for our train to Ciampino left. Thankfully, we made it. We took a cab from the train station to our hotel in Ciampino. Our room had 4 beds and a massive balcony. I picked the hotel for us as we could all stay in the same room, it was only 20€ each, breakfast was included, and a shuttle to the airport was also available. Both exhausted, not from that day's travel but from not sleeping much the night before, we napped until our dinner of mushroom risotto and fettuccini pasta.
Two of our roommates, Melony and Lesly, were meeting us there but their flight from Paris didn't land until 10:55. Our hotel only had 1 key per room so we stayed up until they arrived at the hotel. Arriving around 11:30, Melony and Lesly settled into our room and told us all about their fantastic trip to Paris.
8 o'clock this morning we got into the airport shuttle to catch our flight to Ireland! After going through security, we all sat outside our gate. A few seats over was the cutest little 3 year old. She and I started playing peek-a-boo. As she became more and more comfortable, she and I talked nonstop. We talked about pink dragons who breath pink flames, crocodiles, and spiders. She said that I would have to swim away from the crocodiles but there would be some I'd need to run away from. After our conversation on running away from crocodiles, we played hide-n-seek for over half an hour before she had to board her flight to London. Minutes after she left, I needed to board my flight.
After just over 2 hours, I have arrived in Dublin, Ireland!!! We are leaving on a bus in a few minutes to go to Erinn's grandparents house where we will be staying until Friday. They live in a little town outside of Clare. I am beyond excited to be spending some of my Spring Break here in Ireland. I will be here until Saturday when I leave to go meet my sister in Milan, Italy!! There are so many upcoming adventures in these next few weeks, I can't wait. 

No comments

Back to Top