Today has been such a weird day...

What an interesting day.
Half sleep this morning, I hear Anavi say "Oh my gosh! It's 8:03!"
Our morning class starts in 27 minutes and it takes 17 minutes to get to school. I have never gotten out of bed, ready, and out the door faster. It took us less than 5 minutes to get out of bed, dressed, semi-brush our teeth, put shoes on, and get out the door. I didn't even brush my hair.
We ran to our metro stop, waited a few seconds for the metro, rode our three stops down to Entença, got off, and ran to Don Quijote (our school).
We made it with 2 minutes to spare. We were so relieved.
We got up 27 minutes before class started with a 17 minute commute and were still on time. This may be one of the proudest moments of my life so far.
Haha not really but I feel so good about it.
After our morning class, we came back home and actually got ready for the day. We showered, ate, and really brushed our teeth.
I was going to post earlier today about my treks from yesterday but I ran into a technical difficulty this afternoon. After skyping for a little bit, my touch pad stopped working. I tried to fix it on my own and nothing worked. Annoyed with my laptop, I headed to my afternoon class.
My laptop touch pad was still not working so kindly Daniel tried to help me figure it out. Still not working, I noticed it was 4:38pm here which means it was 7:38am in California and there was a chance my Dad was awake. I called him and he was! Thank goodness! Side note: He's a computer guy. He helped me figure out my problem! Apparently the darn F5 key, if pressed, will disable all touch pad functions. So all I had to do was press it again and it started working again! Thanks Dad, love you!
Anyway, now on to the fun stuff!
Mid morning yesterday I had my first class on the semester: Spanish 2! After class, I stopped at the grocery store to pick up some q-tips on the way home. At home I did some school work and talked to my mom and sisters on the phone. I only got a few words out of sleepy Ellie but it was very nice to hear her voice. She didn't ask me how my trip was going so far but she did ask me where my Bernie Bott's Every Flavor Beans are. I see where her priorities stand :) Harry Potter is very important.
I headed back to school soon after talking to my family to sign up for day trips and a weekend trip with AIFS (the company I'm studying abroad with.) I will let you all know what they are as they come along.
We had a "Welcome Reception" where, as a group, we went to Taller de Tapas for tapas. They were all delicious but there was so much food, the courses seemed endless! There were 10 of them! Here are some photos of my favorite courses but the rest of the photos will be in the slideshow that I just added to the bottom of my blog! There I will put all the photos I take so you can see more of what I see everyday.

 


2 comments

  1. Hi Molly, sounds like you're having a super trip and settling in! So happy your adventure is off to a fantastic start. Love you tons, Aunt Kari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aunt Kari!! I am having a wonderful time and am settling well. I love you too! I took a picture just for you and when I get home I'll send it to you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top