From Taco Tuesday to Sunset Sunday

Monday was like any normal Monday, everybody dreads it and nothing too exciting. Tuesday is when my week started to pick up. I got to sleep in which was nice and once I woke up I got to Facetime one of my great friends Simone. We've Facetimed every day this week and I love it! After our chat, I headed to class.
For Italian Life and Culture, we were watching a movie. I had a choice between Roman Holiday, the Victory, and some other movie that I can't remember what the title is. I really wanted to watch Roman Holiday but it was put in the smallest room in our school and by the time I got out of my class right before it, the room was full. I watched the Victory instead and it was a great movie but the ending was unexpected and disappointing. After the movie, I went to dinner with my friends Erinn, Jamie, Kailee, Jericho, and Erin. The Erinn with two n's is my roommate and the other lives a few blocks away. Dinner was full of good food, conversations and frozen margaritas.
My classes on Wednesday were great, we watched a movie in one and went on a field trip in another. I love going on field trips as a college student. For lunch, my friend Olivia took me to Star Chicken for french fries and chicken strips. After our wonderful totally American meal, we went to the Magnum ice cream store and made our own ice cream bars. I got vanilla ice cream covered in white chocolate, raspberries, graham cracker bits, and brownie bits. It was delicious!! We parted ways after our delicious ice cream bars, I went home to do homework.
After a little homework and a lot of procrastinating, Erinn and I went out for dinner. Oh my goodness was dinner good! We shared an appetizer of salmon on bread. Erinn has seafood pasta while I had basically macaroni and cheese. Both were phenomenal and we will be going back there.

Thursday was uneventful but Friday night however was not. Friday Erinn and I slept in because we both really needed to catch up on sleep. We left the house around 2:30 to go get Erinn's phone screen fixed. She dropped it a few times and the screen cracked. While we waited for it to be fixed, we window shopped and explore in the stores around the Duomo. We picked her phone up around 5:30 and headed home to relax for a little while before going out again.
From left to right:
Me, Erinn, Jamie, Kailee, David, and Jericho
We headed out a little while later to meet our friends Kailee, Jamie, Jericho, and David for dinner at a place called Off The Hook. We all ordered burgers and they were so good!! The bartender there is hilarious and remembered a few of us from when we watched the Superbowl there.
Saturday morning, Erinn and I slept in again. We went grocery shopping and cleaned the house as we were having people over for Movies and Mac'n'cheese night!! It was so fun! We had 7 people over: Jericho, Katie, Adeira, Sierra, Ashlyn, Kailee, and Jamie. Katie cooked the mac'n'cheese, Sierra and Ashlyn baked and brought strawberry shortcake and chocolate chip cookies, and Jericho brought wine and his Apple TV plug in. All the food was wonderful and with Jericho's Apple TV we were able to watch Moana! It was a fantastic evening spent with wonderful people. And once everyone went home, by roommates and I ended the evening with face-masks.
This morning I again slept in and it was great. I stayed in my pjs most of the day doing homework and watching Freaks and Geeks until I got dressed and went with my roommates to go watch the sunset over Florence. We took the scenic route and it was a wonderful adventure. We took wine, cheese, and crackers with us to snack on while we watched the sunset and it was a perfect way to end a wonderful week and start another.
Sorry for the double posting of blogs. I had posted the other one but it was somehow made private so I was the only one who could see it. Now it's public and ready for you to read about my Roman Holiday!

1 comment

  1. If planning of traveling anytime soon do visit http://freetripdeals.com/ for some great deals on Hotels, flights and Cruises.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top