La Sagrada Familia & a much needed Dinner Date

Wednesday mornings are my mornings to sleep in as my first class of the day isn't until 10:45 am. This morning I did not sleep in. I got up at the crack of dawn but it was worth it.
One side of La Sagrada Familia
I met a group of AIFS students in front of La Sagrada Familia at 8:10 am for our guided tour of this magnificent church. Our guide first took us around the outside of the church. He showed us the different aspects of nature that Antoni Gaudí designed to be on the outside of the church. Antoni Gaudí believed in God but wanted to worship him through nature. He designed this church to the theme of nature to do just that. Construction began on the church in 1882 and to this day it is not finished. They believe that in 11 years, 2026, it will be completed. 2026 also happens to be the 100 year anniversary of Gaudí's death.
The Birth of Jesus Christ
Our guide brought us back to the entrance we met on and told us about the statues on it before going inside. The side we entered on is to represent the birth of Jesus Christ. The other entrance side is to represent the death of Jesus Christ and the inside represents Jesus Christ's resurrection. We entered the church after he explained this.
I was absolutely blown away when I walked through the doors. This beautiful, spiritual place is even more than I imagined. Outside it was a nice, sunny day. The sun shown through the stain glass windows and light the walls with blues, greens, reds, yellows, and oranges. I strongly felt the presence of the Lord with me the whole time.
One part of the glorious ceiling
Wanting to explore the church more than listen to facts with the short amount of time I had to spend there, I left the group. I walked slowly around the church, taking in everything I saw. From the spectacular architecture to the people observing it along side me. I could have spent all day in this wonderful place but I had Spanish class at 11:00 am. Photos of this church do not do it justice.
You can feel the spiritual love that this building contains. There are a lot of tourists but there is also loads of love for God and Jesus Christ.
Krista wanted pizza for dinner and once she said that all I could think about was pizza. So I decided to join her for dinner. Anavi perked up and pulled out her headphones at the word pizza. She decided to go join us. Jennifer who also perked up at the word pizza, specifically gluten free pizza, willing joined us as well.
#KristiferAndMollaviDinnerDate
Kristifer = Krista & Jennifer
Mollavi = Molly & Anavi
Our roommate dinner date was a great way to spend my evening. We all eat dinner at together every night but not together. We cook our individual dinners and eat in the same room at relatively the same time each night. But we don't sit down together and have a normal family style dinner. Our dinner tonight was full of laughter, good conversation, pizza, and beer. I am so very thankful for the wonderful roommates I have. They made the transition of living here quite easy and very fun.

No comments

Back to Top