Sick but Still Having Fun

Tuesday morning I woke up feeling so much better. I got homework done in the morning and went to my Italian language class and Political Science class before going to my Italian Life and Culture event which was a tour of Galleria degli Uffizi (the Uffizi Museum). It is one of my most famous museums because of the diversity of the artworks and masterpieces. Most of the pieces are from the Renaissance and left by the Medici family to the state of Tuscany.
The tour was lead by one of our Italian Life and Culture professors and man did she speed weave us through that museum. Though our tour was fast, the museum was wonderful. I got to see Botticelli's Birth of Venus and Primavera, Doni Tondo by Michelango, and many more amazing works for art. The view from the museum's top floor was also beautiful. We got to see the sunset over the river and Ponte Vecchio from the top floor of the museum.
After our tour my valentines(Kailee, Jamie, and Erinn) and I went to dinner to celebrate Valentine's Day. Instead of Italian food, we got Mexican food for dinner and it was SO good! Erinn and I got nachos, Kailee got empanadas, and Jamie got a burrito. We also all got frozen margaritas. Once we finished our wonderful dinner we headed to our friend Kenzie's house for the Bach! The Bach is our nickname for the Bachelor. A group of us get together and watch it every Tuesday evening. There are only 4 ladies left but one was announced as the next Bachelorette so my process of elimination and sneak peeks, I've figured out who wins.
This morning I woke up feeling worse than I did on Monday but I already missed one day of classes so I had to power through. I had a hard time focusing in my first class of the day butt my second class of the day we went on a field trip to Museo Degli Innocenti. Centuries ago this was an orphanage. Mothers could drop off their babies and they would be cared for and protected until they were 18 years old. It is now a museum and no longer an orphanage. This nonprofit still do work for and with children and families. They work with UNICEF on research and documentation of children and families. The museum was a timeline of the orphanages history and progression to what it is now. From the rooftop there is a beautiful view of rooftops of Florence.
Still not feeling well, instead of going to the chocolate festival outside the museum, I went home to take a nap. That is how you know that I'm not feeling well. I decided to go take a nap instead of go to the chocolate festival. After a fantastic nap, Erinn and I headed to a pizza making class. We were taught how to make pizza from scratch by a man who has been making pizza for over 16 years. I have never made a pizza more delicious than the pizza I made tonight. Our evening was full of great conversation and food.
Erinn and I headed home to have a calm evening in our pjs. We've been watching New Girl until it was almost time for our roommate Melony to get home. Today (February 16th) is her birthday! My other roommates and I waited in the our kitchen (the closest room to our front door) for about 35 minutes for her to get home. She told us she would be home about 15 minutes after midnight but wasn't home till almost 1:00am. Either way we hid in our kitchen in the dark for her to come home. Once she walked in the door and past the kitchen, we ran out of the kitchen and sang her happy birthday. Now we're sitting in our living room watching P.S. I Love You.

No comments

Back to Top